Having your own printable copies of preschool and kindergarten lined paper for kids is an easy solution for helping little ones with their writing practice. Download your Kindergarten Lined Paper PDF below.
Raise your hand if you’ve found yourself at home, doing schoolwork with your kids, and not having the right paper?
You can’t see me, but I’m raising my hand. Actually, I’m frantically waving my hand around because this has been a constant problem for me.
My daughter loves to practice writing, play teacher, and do activities that require paper. Lots and lots of paper.
The problem we’ve always had is that her writing would always be slanted across the page. Eventually, the sentence that started at the top of the page would end up at the bottom corner of the page.
Due to the high volume of paper we go through, I didn’t feel like always buying Kindergarten Lined Notebooks, plus my kids for some reason prefer loose paper…probably because it makes more of a mess.
My solution was to create my own lined paper that I could easily print from home as needed. Why keep paying for something as simple paper for writing practice, when you can get it for free?
Fun Family Activities: 30 Ideas for 30 Days
5 Ways to Keep Kids Active this Summer
Summer Bucket List for Kids
Why Writing Practice is so Important
Writing practice is so important for little ones. Beyond learning their letters, handwriting practice helps to develop fine motor skills.
Psychology Today had this to say about the importance of writing practice, “At a time when kids’ brainpower is growing extremely rapidly, writing may be the single best brain workout they can get.”
As well as working on their brains and motor skills, writing practice helps kids practice their reading skills and master proper spelling and punctuation.
Some Ideas to Encourage Early Writing Practice
- Teach your child how to print their name. Start with the first letter of the name. Once they have mastered all the letters individually, focus on putting it all together using the handwriting practice paper that can be downloaded below.
- Use unconventional items. If you’re still in the process of teaching individual letters, it helps to use objects from around the house for some sensory play. Some examples are:
- Use playdough to form letters.
- Put salt on a cookie sheet and ‘write’ letters with their fingers
- A variation of the above would be to use shaving cream on a cookie sheet. Messy but fun.
- After encouraging your child to read, make sure to read what they’ve written.
- Encourage writing for more than just practice. Writing thank you cards for gifts, creating stories or comic strips, and writing letters to their grandparents will get them writing while keeping it fun.
Download your printable preschool & kindergarten lined paper
Besides the kindergarten lined paper, also included is a sheet of preschool lined paper. The preschool paper has a larger writing space for little ones who write their letters nice and big.
Next is a printable alphabet sheet with traceable letters. This is great for beginners to use for writing practice.
To get your copies, just click on the photos below and your kindergarten lined paper, preschool lined paper and traceable alphabet sheet will be ready for an immediate download.
Hopefully, easy access to kindergarten and preschool-lined writing paper will keep your littles practicing their writing! Enjoy😉
Final thoughts on Kindergarten lined paper
Using lined writing paper to help preschoolers and kindergartens with their writing practice is a simple and easy way to help develop their reading and spelling skills. Practicing writing skills consistently will help with fine motor skills and correct pencil grip. Using preschool and kindergarten lined paper will help to develop the skills that children will practice daily in kindergarten.
Having your own printable copies of preschool and kindergarten lined paper for kids is an easy solution for helping little ones with their writing practice.
Olive M. says
Ηey there! Somеone in my Facebօok grouр shared this site with us
so I came to take a look. I’m definitely ⅼoving the information. I’m book-marking and will be twеeting thіs to my followers!
Exceptional blog and terrific ѕtyle and design.