Discover the Best Gifts for Gamers in this screen-free gift guide designed for young boys.
I don’t know about you, but as my son gets older it gets harder and harder to find gifts for him that aren’t related to his Xbox.
He’s only 10, but all he wants for any holiday is V-bucks. What are V-bucks you ask? The best way I can explain is that it’s a giant scam on Fortnite to get kids to spend money. Ok, it’s not really a scam, but in my opinion, it’s totally stupid.
My kid spends 10 bucks and in return, he gets skins (some different sort of character), vehicle wraps or battle pass stuff. If I’m being vague its because I really have no clue what I’m talking about.
When he starts talking Fortnite I completely zone out. What I do know is that this $10 is used purely so that their character is “cooler.”
There is absolutely no competitive advantage to these extras. So it’s basically $10 down the drain…not my son’s $10, my $10.
Screen-Free Gift Ideas
After I’ve been asked 458962 times for my Apple ID password so he can buy more it’s usually worth my sanity to give in to prevent being whined at 458963 times.
Anyhow, I digress. My point is that I don’t want my son playing Fortnite 24/7. I want him to enjoy some other activities and to get outside in the sunshine so he can run around like a wild child.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links that I may earn a commission from. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. You can read my full disclosure HERE.
I know I’m not the only mom who struggles with this. Fortnite addiction is no joke.
And on top of other serious issues that come along with videogame addictions, it makes gift-giving really hard when you don’t want to find your gamer a screen-free gift.
So, to take some of the torture out of gift-giving to Fortnite loving boys, I’ve put together this list of alternatives that any 8-10-year-old boy is sure to love.
Most items on this list can be purchased from Amazon Prime with FREE 2-day shipping. If you’ve procrastinated on buying a gift, and don’t already have a Prime account, you can get a FREE TRIAL right here 👇
Best Gifts for Gamers to Inspire Activity
- An Activity Tracker We got my son an activity tracker/watch and he loves it. Seeing all his steps helps keep him active because he loves to watch the amount increase. There are several different brands and styles to choose from, so there is something for everyone.
- Every kid needs a Walkie Talkie! These will be fun outside in the yard or on camping trips or even indoor with a game of hide and seek on a rainy day. This 3-pack is a great value, especially when it’s on special and you can get it for under $30.
- Get your kiddo outside with a DRONE. This will provide lots of outdoor fun and exploration. We have this exact one and my son and his dad have so much fun with it together.
Best Play Gifts for young gamers
- This awesome Lego Kit. I haven’t met a boy yet who hasn’t loved Lego’s or Minecraft at some point. This is a win-win since they’ll be building something they love without staring at a screen.
- This Fancy Piggy Bank. This one is great for kids who have chores. Kids can insert their money like they’re at a bank and keep it protected with their own pin number…this is especially great if they have a sneaky little sister.
Best Clothing Gifts for Young Gamers
- Minecraft Creeper Hat or Minecraft Shirt. Clothes aren’t usually a fun gift at this age, but if it involves their favorite video game, they will love it! Minecraft Pajamas are a great idea too!
- Fortnite Sweatshirt This cozy hoodie is nice and simple but still shows the love of the game. The smallest size is a youth 10/12.
- Fortnite T-shirt Cute and simple Fortnite shirt that a gamer will love.
Best Creative Gift Ideas for Gamers
- My Comic Book Making Kit. This comic book kit is absolutely awesome! Kids can create their own stories and illustrations. Once it’s completed and mailed back in, your child will receive an actual comic book that they created! And it even includes an “about the author” section! How cool is that? My son loves making his own comics, so this is definitely on his Christmas list this year.
- Would You Rather Game Book. My son loves to play this game but he usually makes up crazy stuff that makes no sense. This book will help you spend less time deciding if you would rather be peanut butter or hot coffee…this is a real question I was asked yesterday. I’m sure you’re dying of curiosity so I won’t leave you hanging – I picked peanut butter.
Gift ideas that will make a gaming obsessed boy happy
I hope this list of Best Gifts for Gamers has been helpful to you! You can check out my post about the top Fortnite related gifts in case you want to get a few gaming gifts for your little gamer.