The Ultimate Summer Bucket list for Kids. Use this free printable summer bucket list, full of boredom-busting activities, to help keep kids active and entertained during the summer.
When you have kids, summer break is such a fun time. Lazy mornings, no homework battles, and endless amounts of free time. But even with all the positives of summer break, there is one major drawback: boredom!
“I’m bored,” “this is so boring,” “there’s nothing to do.” How many times a day do you hear this during the summer? 100? 1000? 10000? I’m going to go with 10000 boredom complaints on any given summer day.
I don’t want my kids sitting inside all summer playing video games and watching YouTube videos – although I’m definitely not opposed to letting them play so I can get some peace and quiet.
I created this summer bucket list for my kids so I can easily find ideas to keep them busy. You can print the list out and keep it somewhere accessible so you never run out of ideas.
This list can help provide your kids and the rest of the family with hours of entertainment. Plus its social distancing friendly:)
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links that I may earn a commission from. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. You can read my full disclosure HERE.
Outdoor Summer Bucket List Ideas
I love to get my kids outside when I can. Sometimes it’s just too hot, so I try to get in as much outdoor play as I can in the mornings or on the rare cooler afternoon. Here’s a list of fun outdoor activities for kids.
- Play in the sprinklers
- Outdoor hide and seek
- Go swimming at night
- Build a fairy garden
- Sleep outside on a trampoline
- DIY slip and slide
- Go on a picnic
- Plant seeds and watch them grow
- Build a backyard obstacle course
- Go on an outdoor scavenger hunt – you can download and print my nature scavenger hunt printables here.
- Have a water balloon fight – These self-sealing water balloons are awesome because you can fill and seal 100 balloons in 60 seconds.
- Wash the cars
- Blow bubbles
- Have a water gun fight
You can check out some more fun summer activities in my post 5 Ways to Keep Your Kids Active this Summer.
Fun Summer Bucket List Craft Activities
Kids love to do crafts and if it’s the right craft, it can keep them busy and happy for extended periods of time. My goal is to pick activities that will keep them busy for as long as possible.
- Paint rocks
- Tie-dye shirts – If you’re looking to keep things simple, this tie-dye kit has everything you need, minus the shirts.
- Make your own chalk paint. The Best Ideas for Kids has a really simple tutorial you can follow.
- Make cloud dough
- Build a time capsule
- Make bird feeders
Fun Family Summer Activities
While it’s great to keep kids busy so us parents can get other things done around the house, being able to make memories that your children will remember forever is so special.
- Make homemade lemonade
- Play board games
- Make personal pizzas
- Have a family movie night
- Go to a drive-in
- Stargaze – this would be fun on a trampoline!
- Roast smores
- Make homemade popsicles – this recipe for fresh fruit popsicles looks amazing! You can pick up some inexpensive molds if you don’t already have some.
- Go berry picking
- Have a family game night
- Go fishing
- Go on a hike
- Have a movie marathon
- Make homemade ice cream
- Go geocaching
Looking for some more family bonding ideas? Here are 30 Family Fun Activities you can try.
Indoor Summer Bucket List Ideas
As much as summer is great for outdoor activities, sometimes its just too hot to stay outside for long periods of time. These indoor ideas are fun to do with friends or siblings or alone.
- Build a fort
- Re-arrange bedroom furniture
- Read a book series
- Learn a new card game
- Do a science project
- Write a story and illustrate it
- Make friendship bracelets
- Make paper airplanes
- Make root beer floats
- Create an indoor obstacle course
Click on the picture below to download your own copy of the Summer Bucket List for Kids
Summer is such a fun time! Hopefully, this list of ideas for your summer bucket list keeps your kids happy and entertained.
How many items will you be able to check off the list?
Enjoy your summer!
P.S. If this is something you think your friends and family would like, please share!
READ ALSO: 5 WAYS TO KEEP YOUR KIDS ACTIVE THIS SUMMER